- Introduction:We now move to the other extreme of the social scale – the rich and famous. We move from the poverty and weakness of the social outcast to the power and prestige of the rich and famous. The point of this lesson is that Jesus worked to save and recruit as disciples the rich and famous. Jesus not only cared about the rich and famous but He also knew how to reach out to them and expected them to respond.
- Key Words: (Check your Bible Dictionary)
- Core Texts:Mark 10:17-31
- Personal Application:
- Do you consider yourself rich? What are you comparing yourself to? Other Americans or the whole world? If you look at the world comparatively, North Americans are very rich. How does that make you feel?
- Is God calling you to give up your wealth like He did the rich young ruler? Why?
- Is your financial condition a benefit to your spiritual condition or is it a hindrance? Why?
- How would you reach out to a rich or famous person with the gospel? Would your approach be different?
- Categories: Lessons