- Introduction:After finishing three introductory lessons on foundational principles for all disciple making, this lesson moves on to begin talking about certain groups or classes of people that need special attention and methods as we endeavor in love, to disciple them. The first group, which is the subject of this week’s lesson, is children. Jesus goes out of His way to emphasize the importance and value of children.
- Key Words: (Check your Bible Dictionary)
- Core Texts:Deut. 6:6,7
- Personal Application:
- Jesus says we should be child-like (not childish) if we expect to see the kingdom of God. What does this mean to us? What should we do to accomplish this?
- Do we as the church emphasize children enough? Give reasons for your answers. What can we do about this?
- Should we teach, convert, or baptize children when their parents do not believe? Why?
- Do the texts give us any guidelines for us as parents? What are those guideline?
- Categories: Lessons