Read: Ps. 127-128; Mt. 22:36-40; Eph. 5:22-33; Eph. 6:1-4
Lord of Our Relationships. When Christ is Lord of our life, do other relationships become more important or less important?
- Love for God, for others, for ourselves: Matthew 22:36-40. How does wholehearted love for God affect human relationships? In Matthew’s version of the two great commands, Jesus calls for three wholehearted commitments. How can all three of these coexist with each other?
- Marriage: Ephesians 5:22-33. To what extent does following Jesus as Lord change or transform the marriage relationship? What difference has sin made in the marriage relationship? Should we even seek to return to the ideal, given conditions in our sinful world?
- Children: Psalms 127-128; Ephesians 6:1-4. Are children a blessing in our troubled world? Or would you call them a dangerous luxury? A hindrance to Christian growth? What is the biblical perspective?
- Church: Acts 2. What kind of relationship with fellow believers becomes possible when Christ is Lord?
- World: John 17. How does following Jesus transform our relationships with the world? Do we draw away from unbelievers or draw closer to them? Or both?