I Kings 17:2-4, I Kings 15-16; 1 Kings 19:1-2; Mark 6:31-34; Galatians 6:2; John 15:13
Memory Text: Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
What are your favorite Elijah stories?
- What attracts you to these stories?
- Do Elijah’s experiences encourage or discourage you?
Would God be more inclined to perform miracles for believers or unbelievers?
- cf C. S. Lewis—unbelievers need miracles. Lack of miracles shows higher level of faith.
- Would we be more justified to pray for miracles for unbelievers than believers?
Lessons from Elijah’s life
- Time of trouble and Elijah.
- EGW says we’ll “not lack or suffer hunger. . .” EW 56.
- In spite of promises and miracles, we humans are susceptible to stress. (Cf Elijah)
- What is our best preparation for our Time of Trouble?
- Sleep, exercise, healthy diet (lesson) = good stress treatment.
Jesus’ coping mechanisms.
- Friends in Bethany
- Helped others
How does helping others alleviate stress?